FIRST LEGO LEAGUE CHALLENGE – GRADES 4-6
Engaging Youth in STEM Exploration
FIRST LEGO League Challenge introduces science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) to children grades K-9 through fun, exciting hands-on learning. Participants gain real-world problem-solving experiences through a guided, global robotics program, helping today’s students and teachers build a better future together.
In FLL Challenge, friendly competition is at the heart of this League, as teams of students grades 4-6 engage in research, problem-solving, coding, and engineering – building and programming a LEGO robot that navigates the missions of a robot game.
Each yearly challenge is based on a different theme.
Elementary students get to:
- Design, build, test and program robots using LEGO MINDSTORMS® technology
- Apply real-world math and science concepts
- Research challenges facing today’s scientists
- Learn critical thinking, team-building and presentation skills
- Participate in tournaments and celebrations
What FLL Challenge teams accomplish is nothing short of amazing. It’s fun. It’s exciting. And the skills they learn will last a lifetime.
To Learn More about FIRST, the program behind all the teams and competitions, goto firstinspires.org.